Easy EPC
Lines Open (Monday - Friday)
9:00AM - 5:30PM

Fire Risk Assessment Information

We provide Fire Risk Assessments for every type of building!

Who needs a Fire Risk Assessment?

For residential properties, it is the landlords responsibility to provide a fire risk assessment for the communal areas only on any block of flats. This includes a house that has been converted into two or more flats. While it is just on the communal areas, the assessment must also include the front doors of the individual flats.

Within the commercial sector, anyone with control of the premises holds the responsibility for providing a fire risk assessment. This can be an employer, the property owner, the landlord or even the occupier. If the property has 5 or more employees, you are required to keep a written fire risk assessment at all times. The commercial sector includes workplaces, commercial properties, premises members of the public have access to and the common areas to any multi-occupied residential buildings.

If you share a commercial premises, the common or shared areas are the responsibility of the landlord, freeholder or agents to provide the fire risk assessment. While the responsibility may be shared for the premises in general, you will need to liaise to arrange the appointment of your fire risk assessment for the safety of the people on the premises.

What does the Fire Risk Assessment involve?

The surveyor will follow certain guidelines and steps to record the relevant information on site before preparing your report.

The surveyor will need to discuss with a point of contact who could be at risk in and about the premises. Next they will identify the actual fire hazards which includes sources of ignition, fuel and oxygen.

Following this, the surveyor will assess the risk in comparison to any existing fire safety measures relating to the premises.

What happens after?

After the assessment, the surveyor will write up your report that will highlight any fire risks.

The report will give an overall risk rating of the property along with how soon any action needs to be carried out and the timescale of the next review. Different parts and services of the property will be categorised as no intervention needed, intervention and action plan needed, or not applicable.

If any intervention is advised, you will need to address these in the first instance. Failure to do so puts yourself and others at risk. It will also make any insurance void in the event of an incident.

Who will carry out the assessment?

Easy EPC have highly skilled team of competent fire risk surveyors across the UK that can assess any property. All of our assessors have had the relevant training, along with the correct safety equipment and insurance.

How do I book?

To get a quote for a Fire Risk Assessment for your property simply give us a call on 0800 170 1201, or alternatively fill in our contact form. The basic information we need to be able to provide you with a price for the assessment is:

  • Full address of your property
  • What the buildings is used for
  • Approximate floor area
  • Number of floors
  • A copy of any floor plans you may have
  • The occupancy number of the property

Once we have provided you with a quote, if you wish to go ahead and book we will also need invoicing details and contact details for whoever is allowing access on site. We don't charge up-front, but will invoice you for the work on completion, and release your report upon receipt of payment.

After you have booked with us we will contact you or if you prefer an alternative site contact to arrange the Fire Risk Assessment. Once we have visited site and completed your assessment, we will write up your report outlining any fire risks associated with the property, at which point we will contact you to let you know its ready and provide you with an invoice. On payment of the invoice we will email your Fire Risk report.

Our prices start from £199.95 + VAT, dependant on size and location of the property. Use this online booking tool to quickly get a quote for your Fire Risk Assessment.

You may also be interested in:

Certified by the following organisations
EPC Certification